Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Soundtracks with dialogue

I had just received a new soundtrack in my mailbox (my snail-mailbox... not my e-mailbox) and brought the CD to the office to give it a listen. I popped it in the drive and heard some faint music and some dialogue from the film. I thought this was probably some sort of introduction to the CD and only on the first track, so I kept listening. Then came track two, also with dialogue. Now I started to get suspicious. I skipped to track three and heard even more dialogue. Track four, the same. Track six, seven, all the way to the end... they were all polluted with dialogue all over the disc. My excitement for this new music had now turned in to a major disappointment of having wasted some bucks on a totally useless CD.
If I wanted to hear the dialogue from the film, I would've just popped the DVD in the player and watched the movie. Which, incidentally, seems to be exactly what the producers of this soundtrack had done. For all I know they could've played the movie and set a CD-recorder on the audio outputs and sold this.
Now you all think I've bought a bootleg, but this is as official as they get.
What do the producers of this fucking piece of shit crap actually think? There is no music without dialogue on this disc at all. Why would anyone want to buy this?
I'm sending this CD back to the store where I bought it tomorrow to get a refund, as well as a mail to the producers trying to get an explanation. If I actually do get one, I'll post it here.

No comments: