Monday, May 01, 2006

Good breakfast day


Labour Day, May Day, whatevery you choose to call May 1st, I choose to call it Good breakfast day. I once again had my, now world-famous, omelette. And now I think it's finally time to reveal the extremely hard oh-so-simple receipe:

Ingredients:

3 Eggs
3 tbspn. Milk
Bacon
Salt
Pepper
Chive
Olive oil
Cheese

Cut the bacon into small squares.
Mix the eggs and the milk.
Put the bacon in the mix, and add salt, pepper and chive to your taste, and stir well.
Put olive oil in the pan.
Heat a frying pan using the maximum setting on your stove.
When the oil is slightly smoking turn the stove to what is equivalent to 50%.
Put the mix in the pan and put a lid on the pan.
Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then add a layer of cheese on top of the omelette.
Let it cook for about 5 more minutes under the lid.
Flip one half over the other, and serve with bread.

How do you know when it's done? I have no concluding timeframe, besides it will be different on every stove. I use my gut feeling, and I think that's about 10 minutes. There is usually also a nice smell of slightly underburnt eggs when it's done.
If you've done this correctly you should have a nice, solid, yet juicy omelette which should be more than enough for one person.
If you want more eggs, add one tablespoon of milk per egg.

That's all there is too it. You can use this to impress your girlfriend/wife/lover or to simple give yourself the pleasure of a really good breakfast.

PS:
To make the end result even better, have some cheese spread on the bread.

PSS:
If you're not fond of bacon you can use regular roast pork instead, though I find that makes the omelette a bit duller.

No comments: