Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The rumor mill

Isn't it funny how people start a rumor for no apparent reason? I've just learned that my father's cousin had heard from her daughter, who apparently had talked to my cousin, whom I should've had a conversation with a long while ago. My cousin had said to the daugther that she had told me she was a lesbian and that I should've replied that I totally knew what she felt. Some interpretations later, my dads cousin had started talks about me being gay (which, of course, is true, from a certain point of view, but oh so wrong in this context).
The problem with this is that I had never had that talk with my cousin! So how this rumor got started is beyond me. But the moral of the story is that you shouldn't really share information like that unless you have it straight from the horse's mouth.

No comments: